I had kept a note of some posts I copied from a Discord server once, who had copied the links from a Discord server they were in once, so on and so forth. This is a good list if you or someone you know needs help with depression, anxiety, stress, or any situation where someone needs help but isn’t sure what to do or where to go. This is not a complete list, and some of these posts link to many many more resources.
Instead of brushing people off or making their lives worse, at the very least give them the resources they may need to live another day or at the least have a brighter one.
- 7 Cups of Tea: https://www.7cups.com/ – Free, anonymous and confidential online text chat with trained listeners, online therapists & counselors
- How to Help a Suicidal Person: http://www.suicide.org/how-to-help-a-suicidal-person.html
- Lots of Compliments: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html (web archive) – It works via popups, you’ve been warned.
- Stress Analyst: http://www.relaxonline.me.uk/sa1/index.html (web archive) – If you’ve just had a stressful experience then this interactive page will help you calm down and get over it.
- Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ – LGBT+ Suicide Hotline but in web chat or call or text form. (US only)